Back to Document
Are you concerned that you or a loved one may have a substance abuse problem? This short quiz is developed by American Society of Addiction Medicine and based on the CAGE assessment tool. If you answer yes to any of the following questions, you may want to seek a professional assessment.
- Have you ever felt you should cut down on your drinking or drug use?
- Have people annoyed you by criticizing or complaining about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever felt bad or guilty about your drinking or drug use?
- Have you ever had a drink or drug in the morning to steady your nerves or to get rid of a hangover?
- Do you use any drugs other than those prescribed by a physician?
- Has a physician ever told you to cut down or quit use of alcohol or drugs?
- Has your drinking or drug use caused family, job or legal problems?
- When drinking or using drugs have you ever had a memory loss (blackout)?